Wednesday 2 June 2010

The Road Between Junctions

Times have changed, that's true enough. Life has changed, that ain't true at all. Life seems harder as you grow older, but that's only because we make it harder for ourselves. When we we're young we had people to look after us every whim. But as you grow older you gain responsibilities. I often used to ask myself if, as a child, i have lived life to it's best everyday. But that's the past, and i realise i must have because i can still have a good time right now. And i wouldn't want to change the past. If i changed the past I'd change myself, and then who would i be? but responsibilities are good for us. They can teach us things (sometimes the hard way but that's life). And it's good that we learn. It gives us wisdom, which we can teach people with, but also learn from. I'm not saying forget the past, I'm not saying try to live as you did in the past; I'm saying embrace the past as you would the future, learn from it and help others to learn. It may just save someones life. Live your life how you want to live it. If you don't you miss out on things, you miss out on being yourself. And that's a pretty big crime if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment