Saturday 5 June 2010

The Moment Between Thinking and Doing

Practise. If you want to do something, practise. There is no quick way around things. I have tried for many years to find quick ways around many things and found nothing. So if you want to pass your exams (GCSE, A level, driving test, whatever) practise at doing the things they will assess you on. Oh and don't leave out the bits that you can't do. Why? Because it will only drag you down later on. e.g. the exam day. If you don't understand something, ask. Don't be scared if you don't know, you want to do well in life? Then ask until you understand and can do it without it hurting your head from thinking. I have a great deal of respect for people who can do things i can't; sing, dance, shoot a bulls eye every time, remember seemingly unimportant details, and so on. But if i could be bothered practising, i could learn to do most of these things. Then all it takes is time. And like most other humans who have a life. I have precious little time to myself (or so I seem to believe). So what can i do? Well I could stop going to college and thus skewer my future, or I could get my priorities straight. Thus allowing myself to waste not a second of my time...
This is the real world however and i'm sure there would be days when i just couldn't be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment