Thursday 24 February 2011

Steps on the Pyramid?

It is a rather odd thought to me, that my thoughts (go figure) would feel so much more ordered and understandable when i am the most tired.

Either you a trawling through the senseless ramblings of a tired 17 year old lad; or you are witnessing the well structured and proved prose of a keen young mind. But at times we are called to work with what we are given so...here we go.

Due to my young age, there are many things in life that i have not experienced; as of yet. One situation that has only recently reared it ugly head is, inequality. Sure we see it in films, on television; or hear of it in talk, but up until recently i have never been a victim of it.

On this count i would consider myself blessed, because inequality IS a horrible thing. As just mentioned I did experience it quite recently from someone who is equal to me, and being that I am still young, and forming of opinions and views are not yet set in stone, it shook me up a fair bit.

Now I really know what injustice feels like, and it's only from our own emotional experiences that we can create opinions and perspectives on situations in life. What then, am i going to do?

I am going to give this person and peoples the same respect i give to everyone else. I would consider us equals and try to help, as I have helped others. I would wish them, well and long lives, and show them that I care for their future. Even if they do not.

I'd hope any person reading this would be challenged and also give it a go. For it is not the depths of our wallets, nor the height of power of our acquaintances that make us friends of the people. It is the sacrifices and time, and equality shown to the people. That earns true respect, and that is hard to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment