Friday 25 February 2011

Life in General and My Agenda

It has always seemed strange to me that people could be so trust less. That any action taken could be perceived in so many threatening ways. Perhaps it once again comes from my past [as does everything that has shaped me] being surrounded by people who (i thought) had secret agendas [but probably didn't, they were just thinking about number 1], I decided to create my own agenda. Must admit as I write this it still sounds a little strange, but for me it is less selfish and more for peoples benefits than most agendas. But i am still fractured.

Here is a question and more altogether the topic of my blog for today. Is it odd that i take the future for granted? Or in fact does everyone?

I'm sure there are people who don't. People who are living in fear of loosing their jobs, or having to move away or any number of life altering events, but I do take the future for granted. And at times it scares me. Some people are given the impression that i don't care about my life or what happens. That was once true but now is not. I was just never fully aware of my responsibilities, and now i hope i am more sensitive to the people and understanding what is needed.

I hope in the far future some people come back and read this and understand where I have come from. But what is the future but hopes and dreams dreamt while we are still sleeping? It is more than that. It is our lives. It is what will happen regardless of time, of money, of feelings. Life goes on and we cannot dream when there is a future to build. So where do we go? What do we do?

I like the film 'A Christmas Carol' But the message never really struck me until last year. Humanity is our business. And we must try as hard as we can to show the people out on the streets, to show the people who don't understand, to show anyone who needs love; that there is Love, and someone cares for them. I once said we can only truly develop by embracing our past. Now I realise that although that is good, we must also embrace our neighbours and our families to grow into this world.

Many people would say the future is what we make it, or what we make for ourselves...I'm not yet convinced on this, but if it is then let's try our best to make it a good future; for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment