Monday 21 February 2011

Ramblings

For some strange reason I'm finding writing quite hard at the moment [so bear with me]; stories, poems, blogs have slowed down. Perhaps it's due in part to this emotional journey I'm on. Some things have changed, I've grown...and the shifting of life from one area of comfort to an unknown is looming [University]. A question I have always wrestled with is "Am I ready?", but that's just being selfish of me, I'll never be completely ready for anything. I may as well give it a go rather than spend an entire lifetime being fully prepared. Life cannot develop without unforeseen consequences and challenges that we have to overcome. Shame no-one i talk to seems to feel the same way.

And if I am sure of what i have to do, then by a 'little help from above' and with my love for God and his plan [and all the rightly deserved respect there] then surely [Romans 8:28-31] 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

I will go for it, rather than waste a lifetime in contemplation. Why? Because i want to try for God and I have faith. I want to enjoy myself and make Him smile, at the same time. So if I appear a little random, a little loud, a little crazy, a little unique...it's because I am and I know I am and I am comfortable with myself. And I'm doing it for the betterment of people so they have something to cheer them up rather than a year of sadness.

And now on to something a little less related. Yes, a tangent. I found it quite odd after writing a few poems that people and websites said "it's good to be surrounded in what you are doing", in this case to read poetry before writing it. I didn't find it hard to write poetry, and to me reading other peoples poetry was an optional step which I am yet to take. So where are my poems now? Well my friends are reading them, then i can bring in the 'system' and get them published. YAY!

1 comment: