Saturday 13 August 2011

Why!

There has always been one question I have asked myself in ever situation...why?
Not "why did that happen?" or "why is life not fair?" those are small questions for the children among us. I ask myself, why are you feeling this way?" or "why are you not standing up and doing something?". Usually that gets my mind pointed in the 'right' direction again. (Whichever way the right way is - varied by experience)

I say usually because there are times when you can't ask why straight away. In a way you sort of need to lay down the concrete facts, before you begin the construction of working out where to go. So what concrete do I use? The truths, that are these: I have a family that loves me, I have a home, I am well, I have great friends, I can eat each day, I am secure, I am free. I understand that some of these cannot be said by all people, but that does not matter. Coming at a situation from a point of security will ultimately lead you to success, along with time and preparation, nothing is more important.

Support of friends and family can be a big help when confronting the giant at hand. You have to get used to sharing your fears, your problems with them though. They cannot help you, if you don't give them the right information. Yes it may be hard, it may be humbling and embarrassing, but surely they will see you as a bigger person because you were willing to ask for help rather than go it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment