Thursday 19 August 2010

Love and effect

I was once (a very long time ago) called a Mr. Love Guru (thank you Luke from Wired for War). Which is odd considering i have next to no experience on the topic. It got me thinking how does someone with no experience get opinions in that particular topic? I guess it's just our exposure to daily life. Talking with people gives us knowledge, hope, aspirations and goals. And I set myself a goal to understand the power of love, what did I find...
I found a place where true love knows no limits and has no boundaries. Where every child, every woman and man no matter what age were held in equal with each other. I found a place where you don't have to cry yourself to sleep every night; because the people love you. I found a place of peace. But when you try to force love, when you try to control or ignore love (even unintentionally) it leads to a different place; a place of regret, of self-pity, a place where you waste away your life thinking of what could have been. That place is not somewhere i want to go. So what does it take:

Attention; in each other and their needs
Comfort; around each other and to provide it when needed
Trust; in each other to do the right things
Knowledge; of each other. Without knowing your partner a relationship cannot last
Understanding; of each others goals and what they need from life
Mutal interests; to share passtimes and hobbies helps bonding
Love; in each other

Without any of these things for your partner, or yourself, love cannot flourish. But the hardship is worth it, and in the end it is easier doing than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment